After this formation, the participants will be in a position to analyze and anticipate all the problems and handle them before they get conflictual, while asserting themselves.
Who is this intended for?
This coud be useful to anyone facing conflictual situation, wether it can be with a collaborator, a line manager, a colleague or a client.
Length and number of participants
Length : variable (from half a day to two days) according the the expectations and needs of the participants.
Participants : up to 15 participants.
Goal : understand the mechanisms of a conflict in order to handle it better and to solve it adequately.
The essential elements
- Building trust : Respecting the individuals, without stress, in a convivial atmosphere.
- Putting the problem into perspective : sketch
– Encourage reflection.
– Identify the conflicts and their origins.
– Understand the mechanisms of conflict.
Some situations will be interpreted and analyzed (to address the theme of “difficult personalities”).
- Debriefing :
– What is a conflict ?
– How and why does a conflict appear ?
– Does one always have to avoid conflicts in management?
– Reflection upon the consequences of conflict.
- Motivation : By creating exercises and pedagogical games that can either be done individually or in small groups.
- Action, thanks to a « real-time laboratory » to practice with the sparring partners.
- Assert oneself as a mediator.
- Reestablish a climate of trust that encourages exchanges.
- Find new solutions together.
- Involve all the participants for the application of these new rules.
- Ensure a follow-up, regulation and mediation.
The main element is not to know who’s right and who’s wrong, but to reduce the gap between what exists and what we want to exist, while remaining in a realistic setting.
The goal is to enable everyone to identify their assets and their weaknesses that can be improved.
- Learn how to communicate with serenity.
- Prevention: conflict is often a consequence of unsolved problems.