After the formation, the participants will be in a position to control, program and handle changes that match the values and goals of the company. They will know how to face objections and to stay firm in their convictions, as well as the way the can do their best as a relay regarding the worries and expectations of the collaborators in such circumstances.
Who is this intended for?
This can be useful to managers and to those who want to go along and handle changes, as well as those who are brought to go through it.
Length and number of participants
- Length : variable (from half a day to a full day) according to the participants’ needs and expectations.
Participants : up to 15 participants.
- Understand the main sources of resistance and reluctance towards change.
- Demonstrate the way it is possible to lead change in order to avoid obstacles and to give meaning.
- Point out the difficulties inside the project, in order for everyone to improve their professional abilities in relation to the values and aims of the company.
After this formation, the project of change will be perceived as mutation rather than a renunciation that one has to undergo.
The essential elements:
- Building trust: respecting individuals with benevolence, while avoiding stress.
- Putting the problem into perspective, by highlighting the pitfalls of the submitted change project that wasn’t set up in an effective way, in order to fix the situation.
- Debriefing, by evacuating all the inappropriate behaviours in such circumstances.
– By providing effective tools that can immediately be put into practice, in order to give meaning, but also to enhance the will to share knowledge.
– By creating exercises and pedagogical games that can either be done individually or in small groups.
- Action, thanks to a “real-time laboratory” to practice with the sparring partners.
- Ride-alongs in order to:
– Address the concerns
– Understand and listen to the different points of view
– Motivate the participants
– Handle frustration and agression
- Prepare and structure interviews
– Reminder of the five steps of change, along with explanation.
– Manage change (how to behave when facing resistance)
– Bring change in a collective mind to avoid tension and conflict
– Address the consequences of stress when it comes to the relationship with others and with one’s work.
- Handle specific situations :
– Announcement of change
– Removal of fears and concerns
– Exchanges to analyze the team’s mindset
– Refresher training
– Resolution of problems (anxiety, insatisfaction, hostility)
The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.