After this formation, the participants will be sensitized to disabilities and they will be in a position to identify the prejudices in order to avoid them. They will know how to overcome their eventual reluctance facing this difference. Statutory elements will be brought in order to adopt appropriate behaviours and communication modes, as well as preventing, anticipating and analyzing the discriminatory situations.
Who is this intended for?
This can be useful to anyone brought to lead or work with collaborators with disabilities, in order to enable them to set up prevention measures beforehand.The aim is to accompany people to improve their performances into the company.
Length and number of participants
Length : variable (from half a day to a full day) according to the needs and expectations of the participants.
Participants : up to 15 participants.
Goals : our goal is to give the participants tools to act with benevolence when facing the others’ disability, wether it is visible or not. They will be taught how to handle the situations and to understand the elements at stake in the prevention for the employees.
The essential elements
- Building trust : respecting individuals, without stress and in a convivial atmosphere.
- Putting the problem into perspective through a sketch, to highlight the elements that have to be improved and fix the situation.
- Debriefing :
– In order to understand and be able to intervene in work situations that can affect the insertion of persons with disabilities.
- Motivation :
–By providing effective tools that can immediately be put into practice, in order to give meaning, but also to enhance the will to share knowledge.
– By creating exercises and pedagogical games that can either be done individually or in small groups, in order to make the formation more dynamic and interesting.
- Action, thanks to a « real-time laboratory » to practice with the sparring partners
- The statistics of disabilities (statutory obligations): history and elements at stake
- Sensitize the professional surrounding to disability
- Fundamental elements of communication linked with the reception of collaborators with disabilities.
- Definition of the notion of disability
- Intellectual disabilities
- Hearing disabilities
- Visual impairment
- Motor disabilities
- Autism and development trouble
- Psychological disabilities
- Other types of disabilities (invisible disabilities…)
- Access a natural reception posture (listening, right level of empathy…) whatever the disability is
- Free the speech
- Have vigilance regarding respect
- Be aware of one’s role in the relation to the collaborator with disabilities
- Get rid of misconceptions
- Improve one’s communication and behaviour when facing disabilities
- Encourage the integration of a collaborator with disabilities